Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No, we will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions!

Happy April, family!

I sincerely hope you all enjoyed Conference as much as I did this weekend. We ended up getting to watch it in the Robisons´apartment, so we didn't have to go far. I loved how the broadcast on Saturday showed a nice green springly Utah and then Sunday was SNOWY. Man, I miss the craziness of Utah weather sometimes. But I think I might die in snow. Heck, I'm going to die in air conditioned rooms, let's be honest.

Anywho, I don't know if I could pick a favorite talk from Conference but I like the rest of you definitely feel the need to start contributing to the welfare program...I was feeling pretty guilty about that until I remembered, "Oh right, I'm here saving souls." I think that's a good alternative for now... I also was touched by Elder Scott's talk about his wife though it scared me a little when he told all the young men to "stop wasting time in trivial pursuits" and go get married already. Hey, Elder Scott, MY husband has to wait a little longer...give me some time. Basically, I'm hoping there will still be good single men when I get home :) Save one for me!

This week was just lovely. We had to travel to Panama for training and I had to stay the night in the mission home because of a doctor's appointment I had the next day (don't worry--I'm fine. Eye stuff.) Since we had nothing better to do, President gave us permission to go to the evening session of the temple and for the first time ever, I had the opportunity to be one of the last people in the Celestial Room at the end of the day. Coming out of the temple at night time was probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in Panama thusfar. Hands down my favorite place here.

A young boy got baptized in our branch this weekend and the missionaries basically ran the show. The four of us hermanas sang together and--brace yourself for this, Mom--I played the piano for the hymns everyone sang. Granted they were the hymns made easy, but nevertheless I did it and felt quite proud of myself :) Thank you.
As transfers are in just a couple of days, our zone had a meeting this morning where the Elders all put together a special program for Hna. Ramirez who's going home. Seeing as she's Mexican (but she grew up in Utah) they wrote her a Mariachi medley, but on fake mustaches and three amigos type attire and made her a piñata in her likeness. I recorded the whole thing, don't worry. I was very impressed.
And that is basically all I have to report for now... We're still plugging along and doing what we can to spread some joy around here. Keepin' busy.
Love you all, love the letters and thanks for the prayers.

love,
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment