Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Could it be, yes it could...somethin's coming', somethin' good



Hi everyone,

Well today is the day of the frustrating keyboard,so ifyou see a few words gluedtogether, don't blameme!

anywho...This past week flew by. Hna. Aguero and I worked like maniacs tracting a new part of our area, tryingto find some promising people to teach. The theme of the week hasbeen "thanks,but no thanks." For whatever reason, this areais just extremely difficult to soften up. I still think we can get a few bites,though. We're working on it.

I don't like mentioning names in my email each week because it's proven to be a curse. So without mentioningnames,let me just say that we have an appointmentwith X tonight and we'retaking one of our recent converts so that she can't throw the whole "You've beenamemberyour whole life,so it's easy for you" bit at us. I pray that things go well but I'lllet you know next week.

In themeantime, President Ward has asked us to help build up our little branchhere. The four ofus sistermissionaries helped out with a primary activity this weekend and it was quite a kick. The president,Hna. Salinas, is very musically talented and is a recent convert of about 8 months. This showed when she taught the kids a new version of "head,shoulders,knees andtoes":

"Head, shoulders, knees and toes
Knees and toes
Knees and toes
Head, shoulders, knees and toes

Let's all praise Je-sus!"

Hallelujah! I also enjoyed it when, after along lesson about followingthe prophet, one of the granddaughters of a different recent convert jumped up and said, "What'sthe pope's name?"

So we're working on it. Little by little, good things shall come to pass. There's at least always something to smile about.

I'm ridiculously excited for Conference this weekend and hope you all are too. It's like missionary Christmas.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

love,
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment