Monday, September 13, 2010

Con valor marchemos

(a late post - from August 9th)
Hi everyone,

We had a great Sunday yesterday. For the first time in a long time, we had a really positive investigator named Natacha (17) attend sacrament meeting with us and it was great. She sat next to me and I talked to her all about the sacrament, what covenants were, what the talks meant, etc. She was really interested and even was asking about baptism. We´ve got a family night planned with one of our recent converts and Natacha wants to come check that out. She´s a sweet girl and I´m really hoping and praying that she´ll accept the gospel into her life.

While I was reading the Book of Mormon (bueno, mi Libro de Mormón) I found a verse that never stuck out to me much before but now has special significance: Alma 29:10. It expresses my feelings of the mission perfectly. I always liked v. 9 but now I think 10 is my favorite. See if you can figure out why.

I know I promised pictures and more details for this week but my camera card won´t read on my computer and thanks to some technical difficulties, my time is shorter than it would have been to write to you all. I don´t think that´s going to make me very popular with you all, but I´m sorry. I´m doing what I can.

Now´s my turn to get to be the missionary and invite you all to read the Book of Mormon together and to have regular, consistent family nights. I won´t commit you to it but I definitely hope you all do it. It makes such a huge difference and since you´ve all got young kids (minus Mom and Dad--sorry, parents. You´ve done your job. And well done.) now´s the time to make the lasting impression. Can I just tell you all how grateful I am for each of you? What a blessing it´s been to grow up in the gospel with parents who taught us right and kept us on a good path. I really can´t wait to have my own family someday and follow the example set for me by all of you.
As the saying goes, ¨The church is true, the book is blue.¨

Take care of yourselves and have a good week,

love,
Hermana Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment