Monday, September 13, 2010

Panama canal...but can Al can Panama?





(catch up from August 23)
I´ve been thinking of that subject line for this entire week, I want you to know. I was so excited to use it.

Hey Fam!

This week whipped by quickly. A few noteworthy things:
- I had my first Panamanian dentist appointment. That was...quite interesting. My tooth vocab´s a little lacking, but from what I can tell, I have to come back in two weeks to fix something with the something r other and it´ll cost me 20 more dollars. That much was clear. I was singing the ¨You´ll be a dentist¨ song from little shop of horrors in my head while the dentista drilled away at my poor tooth. It was a neat experience and I´m only lacking a photograph of it to make it perfect.

- We had a huge activity Saturday night in the chapel with all of our ward members and a few investigators and were able to get about 30 references out of it. The different auxiliaries put on plays and talent shows and then we had some games with candy prizes. It´s amazing what you can do when you tell people they´re going to have treats and entertainment. Perhaps if we had cake in sacrament meeting, our attendance would rise a bit?

- My computer still won´t read my camera card, so I dunno how I´m going to send you all photos of these things, but I´m working on it. Do not give up hope.
Happy Birthday to Caden and happy back to school week too!
In my next letter you´ll be hearing all about the baptism of Natacha, our 17yearold investigator, the zone conference we´re having and my first interview with president Ward. This week will be a busy one!

Love you all!
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment