Monday, September 13, 2010

Buenas noticeas!





Natacha has a baptismal date!!!

We were teaching her 3 Nephi 11 and before we could even get to the part about baptism, she asks us, ¨How can I be baptized?¨

We were elated. Really, though, I don´t feel like we did a whole lot. She was ready and prepared for us, we were just put in her path. I´m learning more and more what it means to be än instrument in the Lord´s hands¨-- sometimes I feel like I really am just a puppet whose strings are pulled (but I mean that in a good way). Anyway, that´s my good exciting news. Now we´re just praying everything goes well for the 28th of August.

In other news...we had a city wide water outage this weekend and let me tell you, life was GRIM. Thankfully, we had a few drops coming out of our faucet in the house, so we got by all right until Saturday night when it completely left. This was particularly frustrating because we were gross, hot, sweaty and dirty at the end of the day because we´d been tracting in the sun all day long and it hadn´t rained a drop (totally rare here). I wanted to cry. Seriously. Then I thought to myself, ¨Hmm...there´s probably some greater lesson in this...¨and of course there are various gospel applications to choose from. But thankfully, I am very happy to say that we had our water back yesterday morning, so it wasn´t too severe. BUT ENJOY YOUR WATER! Tis a precious, precious thing.

Other than that, I don´t have much to report from this week. I haven´t eaten anything crazy lately, just the same old dishes of rice, chicken and platanos (bananaish things). And the tan is coming along just great :)

This weekend we´ve got a ward activity to encourage references. It´s called ¨Noche de Dulces y Teatro¨which means that we´ll have treats, games and Biblical plays put on by the RS, the Elders Quorum and the young men-women. Should be a kick.

love you all!
hasta la proxima
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment