Monday, July 26, 2010

If we ever meet again, it will be Zion to meeeee....(legacy)

I ate cow foot this weekend.
I had to tell you all first thing because this was quite a traumatic experience for me and it´s best that I get it off my chest right from the get go. A lady in our ward has been wanting to have us over for ¨pata de vaca¨ for quite some time and seeing as this is our last weekend of this transfer, we decided we couldn´t refuse the offer any longer. I believe I mentioned something about mondongo in my last letter (stomach of a cow) and how horrible that was. Yeah, it´s got nothin´on the cow´s foot. Let me just say that right now. I told my companion that I need a diagram of a cow so that I can point out what I consider acceptable to ingest.
I know I spend a lot of time talking about food in my letters but that´s the culture here: food. Who has it, what are they cooking and how much of it have you eaten? That is the regular topic of conversation. And occasionally we get around to the Gospel :) (that was a joke).
I hope you all enjoyed your Pioneer Day weekend. I got to speak in church again yesterday on the subject of (you guessed it) missionary work, but I related it to the pioneers and the duty we have to leave behind a legacy worthy of emulation for our posterity (i didn´t use those words exactly. the spanish vocab´s still a little limited.). We have a serious problem with inactivity in my area so I challenged the members to be courageous and bear testimony of the things they know to be true, even if they ¨don´t have time¨ to do anything else. I hope someone listened. That´s always my hope.
Well, we´re going to find out tonight if I stay here in David or if once again I´ll be shipped to some different area, but my comp´s been here for 6 months, so I think we know the outcome. But I´ve said that before. We´ll see! A donde me mandes, iré, Señor.
There´s a whole lot of work to do here, so I´m hoping and praying I get to stay and keep going with it. I love this place and I´m grateful to the Lord for the opportunity to serve here.
Glad to hear the surgery went well, Ben! Anyone else have news?
Well I´m off! I´ll write more in August :) (WHOA.)
love you all,
Hna. Brewster

(someday she will send us pics of her actually IN Panama...)

No comments:

Post a Comment