Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm at 9 MONTHS!! (on the mission)








Helloooooooo!
This was a great week, family. Great week. Did you know that missionary work could be FUN as well as spiritual and informative? Well it can. Our goal for this week was ¨hacer algo diferente¨ in each lesson so we wouldn´t get bored (and neither would the investigators). One thing we decided to do was use the hymns to teach about the Restoration. Since a lot of people ¨don´t have time¨ to listen, we did what I like to call ¨hymn caroling¨ where we´d introduce ourselves and just ask to sing a hymn about our message that we had. We sang Oh esta todo bien (come come ye saints) for a crotchety old catholic lady outside of her house who in the end said she´d be Catholic till the day she died, but when we went next door, her neighboor told us that she heard us singing and wanted us to sing for her because it carried over to her house ¨like magic.¨ Knowing we´re not the best singers in the world, that was a cool experience for me because it taught me that we´re really not the only ones singing and teaching people. We´ve got some unseen support.

This past week was just packed with great things: we went to the Canal at last, we had zone conference with visiting general authority Elder Falavela (don´t know how to spell his name, I admit) and President and Hermana Ward surprised us by showing up Friday night to interview our baptismal candidate, Presbitero. Afterward they treated us to ice cream at Dairy Queen :) (yes, I am spoiled. I won´t even try to deny it.)

I do have some sad news, though. Hna. Calderon is going to be transferred to a different area this Wednesday (we´re already at the end of the transfer. holy cow.) which is a shame because she´s really grown on me. I think when I send pictures and relate the stories to you all some day, you´ll understand. She´s a special little thing and I´ll miss her. But I´m sure my next companion will be awesome.
Things are going great here. We´re finding families and people who really seem to be receptive to the message of the gospel, so keep praying that they progress.
I love you all and thank you for your prayers, letters, thoughts and packages that are always sent my way. Couldn´t be more grateful for my family.

hasta la proxima,
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment