Monday, July 4, 2011

Someone Outta Open Up the Window!

Hey Fam,

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! I am almost American again, so maybe we'll hold a late celebration when I get back. I am wearing a red shirt today and I listened to MoTab's "God Bless America" this morning, so that's about as patriotic as I can be here in my dear Panama... Hope you're all enjoying the festivities--not to mention the freedoms.

So! Big news. I am now the proud parent of Hna. Rodriguez from Guatemala. That's right--I have another greenie! Looks like they don't want me to die in peace on the mission, and let me tell you that I definitely will not. We are working harder than I have worked my whole mission long. My comp is a sweetheart but a tad on the shy side, so the goal right now is to help her get used to the mission and feel comfortable enough to come out of her shell. It's poetic, really--I started my mission as a greenie in this area and now I'm ending it as a trainer in the same area. It's definitely given me the opporunity to chart my progress and growth as a missionary. I try to assure Hna. Rodriguez that it does get easier with time--and a whoooooooole lot of practice. Heck, let´s face it, I'm still learning.

I think the most exciting news I have to tell you all is that one of our investigators, Hna. Francia, whom I have taught since the first time I was in this area CAME TO CHURCH yesterday. Not only that, she showed up in a dress, stayed for all three hours AND at the end of Relief Society she asked me to help her pay tithing. I was in absolute shock. You just never know when the Lord's going to surprise you with those curveball blessings. I haven't told you all how much we've prayed and fasted for Francia's family, but suffice it to say it's been quite a long road. As President Monson would say, "Tears were shed. Hugs were given." We just need to make sure her marriage gets legalized pronto so that I can see her get baptized before I leave. Please, please, please pray for her. It's a funny thing...I find that answers to my prayers seem to have a slight delay but they do eventually arrive. Just like the letters from friends I occasionally get in the mail :).

Anyway, we're putting the narices to the grindstone. i hope to have some great news for you next week as well.

love you all and Happy 4th! And happy birthday Hilary, too!

love,
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment