Monday, June 20, 2011

And the people all said sit down, sit down you're rockin' the boat

Dear Family,

Welp, today makes 17 months for me in the mission. WOW. The other day someone asked me how much time I had left. Without thinking about it, I responded, "7 weeks." Then my jaw dropped open. 7 WEEKS??? I was in a moment of brief shock after that. Actually, I think I'm still there. I didn't sleep too well last night. There´s just way too much to think about these days.

Don't worry, though. I am staying focused and working my tail off. We have some great investigators (most of which are references from ward members, which is amazing) whom we´re working with that I feel confident will be baptized in July. It's going to be quite a wild ride to the finish line. We're already in the last week of the transfer which means that next week I´ll be receiving my final companion of the mission. The ZL´s called me last night to ask if I wanted to train again...I told them that if the Lord wants that, I'll do it. But I'm not going to ask for it. It would definitely keep me on my toes, though, so it might be good. We'll see what happens! I'll miss Hna. Ubeda, though. She's super chill and unfailingly positive. If I'm walking around in a brooding mood because of a bad day with fallen appointments and lots of rain, she's right next to me whistling and saying, "I just feel so happy today and I don't know why!" She's a funny kid.

We went with the Elders to teach two young gals who're getting baptized this week in their area. Their names are Yashaika (14) and Carolina (17). Carolina is a single mom. The Elders wanted us to talk to them about modesty because we're sisters and they felt weird about doing it. Well I felt pretty weird too when we were trying to teach her while she breastfed her baby in front of us and the elders. I know it's a part of the culture here but it still is on my "not okay" list. Don't think that's something from Panama I'll adopt. An awkward situation to say the least.

So...that's all I've got for now. Hope you all have a fantastic week and that Hilary and the kids are feeling better!

love you all,

Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment