Monday, May 23, 2011

Making mission history

Hello everyone,

Well. Blow me down and tie me to a tree. You will never ever guess where I am right now. We had transfers last Wednesday and I was completely floored when I found out that I was returning to none other than my ¨home town¨ of the mission: Arraijan, la Dos Mil. That's right. I am finishing my mission in the exact same place where I started. I thought at first that there had been some mistake and they'd forgotten that I'd already been in this area, but the assistants told me it was something President´s had planned for a while and that he thought it was what I always wanted. Many people repeat zones but I have never heard of anyone ever repeating the same exact area. I was in a complete state of shock for the first 48 hours and felt like I was being asked to go back to high school and repeat some old classes. Basically, I didn't understand what I was doing here again and I didn't have the best attitude about it. Yes, I love the area and yes I love the people very much, but I always imagined that the next time I came back, I'd be with my husband or something. My companion, Hna. Ubeda, is from Guatemala and she's a sweetheart. Very soft spoken and easy to get along with. I'm grateful to have her. The members I think were more shocked than I was to see me back here ("Again??"). But they all gave me hugs and were happy to see me again, insisting that if the Lord sent me back here, it must be because there's something I left unfinished. I certainly hope they´re right. It feels as if all eyes are one me waiting to see the great miracle that comes out of the "prodigal gringa." I'm praying pretty hard these days and I'm determined to do everything I have to to ensure that I make the most of my time here. The good news is that we've already seen some great blessings in a short amount of time. A couple of days ago we tracted into a sweet lady named Maritza whom we taught and brought to church yesterday. Last night we actually set a baptismal date with her, so please pray that she continues to grow and progress in her knowledge of the gospel so that all will go well by June 11th!

It's taken some getting used to, but I really am happy to be here in my old ward. The people here are amazing and I can't imagine a better area to finish my mission. The only problem is that I'm sure it's going to be pretty hard to leave when the time comes. But I've still got a ways to go, luckily :).

Love you all and hope you're doing great. Happy late birthday to Ella!

love,

Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment