Monday, May 2, 2011

I wouldn't want to be Osama bin Laden right about now

Dear Family,

Happy Birthday to Katie and happy death day of bin Laden! Many reasons to rejoice, eh? I haven-t yet seen the reaction of Panamanians to the news but I'm pretty sure there's worldwide happiness. It-s good to hear that Satan is one man down. May's starting out to be a pretty good month!

So I don't have much to report today...these week was busy. Another zone conference in Chorrera...I got to see Hna. Graham and a bunch of old friends. That was fun.

Yesterday I lost my voice and sounded like a Spanish donkey in all of our lessons. Funny thing is that in zone conference they stressed the need to talk less and listen more. Perhaps I was just forced to put that into practice. I'm confident, however, that my voice will be back in time for Sunday when I get to call home for Mother's Day! (Woo hoo!) And if it's not, I'll be able to sign to you because we get to use Skype again. I feel like I just talked to you all, but I guess that was 5 months ago....weird. Anywho, it'll be somewhere between 7 and 8 MDT, in case those of you who don't live at home want to call around that time.... If not, I'll be seeing you in about 3 months, so no biggie.

In the meantime, we are doing what we can to leave the Santiago branch stronger than we found it. I have a feeling that I've only got about 2 weeks left here, so I'm hoping I can do whatever little good I can before I go. We organized a leadership training day this weekend for all of the auxiliaries and talked to them about organization, delegation and cooperation. I think the Lord sent me to Panama to teach me just how important visiting teaching really is. So many problems could be fixed if we all just took care of each other...

Well, I'm looking forward to talking to you this Sunday! Happy Mother's Day to all.

love,
Hna. Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment