Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little love package from home

Sent February 16, 2010

Hey Fam,

I'm mixing things up a little and trying to get the e-mailing out of the way first thing in the morning. We're doing laundry right now and I'm not totally coherent, so this might be interesting.

First of all, thanks so much for the Valentine's package! We had a lot of fun decorating those cookies last night and I was able to share the Valentines with my district on Sunday (you're helping me to make friends--thank you). Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't send you something in return....except for my love :) (that was intentionally cheesy.)

I have to say, probably my favorite part about last week was getting Valentines from Annie and Logan and a letter from CADEN. Totally took me by surprise and it made my week! I have the best nieces and nephews. I want Annie to know that I wore my little bracelet proudly and I decorated my notebook with the Cars stickers Logan gave me :). So cute. Thanks, Campbells! I hope all of you had a good Valentine's Day. They showed "Legacy" on Valentine's night (romantic, eh?) and I can tell you that watching that movie with around 1500 missionaries was a thrill. At every kissing scene there was gasps, oohs and ahs. (One sister even said, "What is this RATED?") Everyone was joking, of course. But still funny.

I was actually sick this past week, which wasn't very fun at all. Don't worry too much about it, Mom. It wasn't that bad. Just something akin to be punched in the face by Satan...but it wasn't too bad. I'm feeling much better now. I think it was just my turn to have the illness that's beset our entire zone, so I'm glad it's out of the way.

Things are going well with my classes and studying. We're really vamping it up with our Spanish speaking. Yesterday the district had a goal to speak entirely in Spanish for the whole day. That was quite an experience. It was more like Spanish-ish with a whole lot of made up sign language in between, but I have to hand it to us--we did pretty well. Even though we still have a long way to go, it's amazing to think about how much we've learned in 4 weeks. We're going to start teaching our "progressing investigators" (a.k.a. our teachers masquerading as progressing investigators) this week in Spanish. The nice thing about that is that teaching in a different language is very simple. You can only really get to the point. This should be fun, though.

Tomorrow our district's been asked to be host missionaries for the incoming missionaries. How weird is that? It's like I'm a veteran now or something. Been here for four weeks and suddenly I know everything...my how the time does fly. Hopefully I don't get those new missionaries lost. I realized that living here is a bit like being a hamster in a cage: we've got our tunnels carved out for us, they give us a little space for exercise, regular feeding times and we're always cleaning the cage...sometimes it's funny to me. Okay, it's always funny to me. But I enjoy it.

In other mission news, Hna. Graham and I went to the Referral Center last week and I spoke to my first real live investigator over the phone. His name was Kenny and he was from Texas. We chatted for about 15 minutes and he told me all about how he wanted to give the church a try but was just too busy to have the missionaries over. He said he'd try to attend church on Sunday though, which was at least a start. It was cool talking to him at any rate. He sounded like a good guy and I hope he finds what he's looking for. I'm looking forward to when I get to talk to more real people...in Panama!

Well fam, that's all I've got for now. I hope you're all doing well and that you somehow remember to send me those pictures I so desperately long to have...:). I love you all.

Love,

Hermana Allison Brewster

p.s. Mom and Dad--do you forward my e-mails? I'm never exactly sure who gets these.

p.p.s. Angie, could you do me a small favor? Tomorrow (the 17th) is Sadie Feller's birthday and I don't have her address. Could you drop her a line on facebook from me? Thanks :) By the way, you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment