Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting busy with Spanish teaching

Hey fam,

I hardly have any time at all to e-mail you all today because I had to set up a new e-mail account (they're moving ldsmail over to gmail) and that ate up much of my time. Just so y'all know, my new email is allison.brewster@myldsmail.net.

Okay, moving on. I don't know what to tell you all except that I only have 3 WEEKS left in the MTC! Crazy sauce. A part of me is really excited and a part of me knows I'm going to miss my district and my teachers immensely, so it's sort of a bittersweet thing at present. But I'm ready for it...well, all right, I could stand to be a little more ready than I am. But I'm working on it.

We've been teaching entire lessons in Spanish now and I can tell you that I have learned to appreciate the struggle that goes into learning a language. Gone are the days of rapid Gilmore Girl-ish banter; I now have to rely on simple, slow phrases. It's a trial for me to not be able to express myself so easily, but it's been a huge blessing as well. I've learned that I can't be afraid to make a fool out of myself. I'll tell ya, I've had to swallow so much pride here that it's a wonder I'm not choking to death. En serio. But here's the comforting thing: this is what I was called to do, so it might start out weak and simple and first but hopefully it will become a strength one of these days. I have about 16.5 months to see.

I feel like I don't ask enough questions about home and I'm sorry about that. I've heard from a few of you (thank you for that) but I'm still in the dark about the majority...what's going on in your lives? Honestly, people--DEARELDER.COM. That is the way to go. And it's free. And I get your letters same day (most of the time). Also, if I may through in another plug here, PLEASE SEND ME PICTURES. Cheap, printed off the comp on regular paper pictures will do. I'm just forgetting what you all look like. And I just might send you some pictures of me in return...we shall see.

I wish I could tell you all the great things I get to do and learn here daily but it's just a blur in my mind and I wouldn't even know where to start. Just know that I know this gospel's true. I'm given evidence of that every day. I love being here. In fact, I might love it a little too much. Not sure missionaries should have this much fun.

As always, I love you all and I'm extremely grateful for your support and your prayers. Be happy!

con cariño,

Hermana Allison Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment