Monday, April 26, 2010

3 months out

Hola Fam,
I hope these emails are being circulated to all of you (Hilary, Ryan and Dave included). Hopefully I´m not boring you with my missionary tales :).
As far as things go investigatorwise, we have met a lot of promising families this week, so it was much better than last week. We´ve also had our fair share of encounters with...unusual...persons. I´m learning to distinguish between a drunk and a sober person, though, so it´s getting better.
One thing we´re really trying to work on the last couple weeks of this change (whoa...already been here a month) is activating and encouraging the members here. I´m really trying to practice speaking Spanish with all of the families so that they know the tall white girl actually does have a personality. Thank goodness for my expressive face or my feelings might never be made known.
Good things are happening, though. I can tell you that much. That Satan, though. I tell you. He´s used two of my favorite things against me: children and dogs. The dogs here are devilish--especially the ones who bark for an hour at 3 am outside our house. And children--holy cow! I can´t tell you how many lessons have been interrupted by a child throwing a ball at my head, screaming in the other room or doing some other very loud and distracting thing. AHHH!!! We were at a lady´s house who had a little girl that was playing with a kitten (and when I say ¨playing¨I mean trying to break its legs). The ironic thing is that my companion was teaching the lady about how children are sinless. The lady raised her eyebrows as she looked at her daughter. I did too.
There are a lot of funny stories to tell you! Remind me in my next letter to talk about the huge cockroach, the crazy drunken lady, the silent praying woman and...well, I´ll just leave you with that right now :). but I´m finding ways to enjoy myself, so no worries about that. My life is a comedy.
SEND ME PICTURES.
love you all,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment